Senior Software Engineer- Platform Team
About This Role
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, testing, and deployment of products that help companies communicate with their customers in deep and personal ways. We service over 20,000 API requests per second and our sdk is installed on over 1 billion devices around the world. We are a small team <15 engineers and our technology stack is built with Ruby on Rails, Scala, and Python, running on Cassandra, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, and Kafka.
What you will do
- Write performant, maintainable code that is easy to read and well-documented
- Write automated tests to thoroughly validate the correctness of your code
- Design, plan and deploy large-scale web applications
- Collaborate closely with other developers and members of the Apptentive team
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation for monitoring of system status and resolution of critical issues & outages
- Deploy code via Docker/Kubernetes on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Participate in lean/agile development process that focuses on customer value delivery, low latency engineering practices, and individual developer ownership
What you should have
- 5+ years software development experience, preferably for a B2B SaaS product and/or in a successful startup environment
- Solid experience with REST and API design
- Expert level familiarity with Ruby, Python, or Scala
- Experience with a broad range of tools, frameworks, and libraries, preferably including one or more of Big Data and Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Service-Oriented Architectures, NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB), ElasticSearch, Kafka, and Distributed Computing
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related field
- The curiosity and desire to stay current on these and related rapidly evolving topics
- Passion about the possibilities of mobile, the magic of great customer experiences, and having fun while working hard
We’re a rapidly growing, well-funded startup based in Seattle that’s passionate about building great products with a fun, dedicated hardworking team. Apptentive helps thousands of companies use their mobile applications to build deeper, more meaningful relationships with millions of people around the world. We believe software is powering more relationships than ever before and that we can help make software about People. We’re building the platform to power customer communication for the modern business.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO) and generous family leave policies
- 401k, HRA and monthly Orca pass
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid professional development (conferences/courses)
- A chance to build something great with other amazing people
How We Work
- We have ownership on how we complete work and take responsibility for our outcomes
- We are creative in how we approach problems and deliver pragmatically
- We share information and learn from each other
- We pride ourselves on being adaptable because change is a constant
- We focus on the customer to give them a voice
- We make mistakes, learn and improve as we iterate
How We Do Not Work
- We are not aggressive or competitive with each other, and we greatly appreciate diverse thinking
- We are not defined by our roles. We get opportunities to work on new areas to expand our knowledge and abilities
- We don’t work at all hours, because we have friends and families, and they are important to us
This position is based at Apptentive in Downtown Seattle and offers competitive salary and benefits.
Principals only-- No recruiters please. We are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
Apptentive is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.