Senior Technical Program Manager
Apptentive is looking for a successful Senior Technical Program Manager to own feature delivery from ideation and requirement gathering through development, validation, release, and evaluation. You should be passionate about building features that delight customers and drive persistent, recurring usage. You should prefer working in small, rapid iterations to make improvements, and using data to inform your decisions and analysis of objectives.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Defining the functional requirements, goals (success criteria and metrics), and non-goals for a specific feature or project (set of related features)
- Providing input and guidance to design enabling the efficient development, iteration, validation, and sign-off of design materials such as wire frames, “Lo-fi” comps, and “Hi-fi” comps
- Partnering with the engineering team to create specific, actionable stories that enable the engineering team to accurately cost and execute on the work necessary to implement the feature
- Facilitating the efficient development and release of the features
- Serving as the “point person” for feature-related questions, tracking and communicating feature/project status
- Performing user acceptance testing and validation of the feature
- Tracking feature adoption & usage, sharing results with key stakeholders, and incorporating customer feedback into applicable future work
- Creating technical documentation including vision documents, presentations, technical specifications, and help documentation
- Motivating teams and individuals across departments and disciplines to deliver against shared project goals
- 5+ years experience as a program manager for a software product, preferably for a SaaS solution or large mobile application
- Experience working with UI/UX and Engineering to understand and anticipate the technical implications and edge-cases around feature design
- Self-direction, with a sense of urgency and a bias for action and data-based decision-making
- Committed to building and delivering high quality, scalable products.
- Strong ability to drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
- Passionate about the possibilities of mobile, the magic of great customer experiences, and having fun while working hard
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or strong technical proficiency, preferably demonstrated by direct software development experience
- Experience delivering software in an agile environment including development, configuration, testing, and deployment
Bonus skills for this role:
- MBA or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with mobile development, SDKs, and frameworks.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
The Apptentive Team
You’ll be joining a team that is passionate about building great communications products and delivering customer love. We truly believe that companies can develop meaningful and valuable relationships with their customers and that our software can become the key to a more personal and mobile world. We're a close-knit team, enjoy sharing meals together at Salumi, Paseo and other uniquely Seattle institutions, and value close collaboration, strong communication, and honesty.
Apptentive helps thousands of companies use their mobile applications to build deeper, more meaningful relationships with millions of people around the world. We believe software should be for and about People, Not Users, and we’re building the platform to power customer communication for the modern business. We’re a rapidly growing, well-funded company based in Seattle that’s passionate about building great products with a fun, world-class team.
This position is based at Apptentive in Downtown Seattle and offers competitive salary and benefits.
Principals only-- No recruiters please. We are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
Apptentive is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.