Senior Software Developer in Test (SDET)
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer in Test (SDET) to author and manage test plans, automate integration testing, and conduct manual testing of our mobile SDKs, web dashboard, and customer experience and engagement platform.
We service over 20,000 API requests per second and our SDK is installed on over 1 billion devices around the world. We are a small team of ~15 engineers and our technology stack is built with Ruby, Scala, and Python, running on Cassandra, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, and Kafka.
Apptentive helps thousands of companies use their mobile applications to build deeper, more meaningful relationships with millions of people around the world. We believe software is powering more relationships than ever before and that we can help make software about People. We’re building the platform to power customer communication for the modern business. We’re a rapidly growing, well-funded startup based in Seattle that’s passionate about building great products with a fun, dedicated hardworking team.
About the Role
As a Senior SDET Engineer, you’ll be responsible for defining, owning, and managing the quality assurance initiatives necessary to ensure that Apptentive products are robust, performant, and predictable. You’ll focus on automation of our integration tests across our native iOS and Android SDKs, service-based platform, and our React-based web dashboard; author and manage test plans for new features and conduct ad hoc and manual tests in areas yet to be automated.
What you will do:
- Build robust, scalable, and high-quality test automation solutions for functional, regression and performance testing
- Develop code for quality automation and ensuring extensive unit test coverage of the code
- Provide manual test coverage when necessary
- Work on multiple projects and features in tandem
- Build, customize, deploy, and manage the test environment/test automation frameworks
- Integrate automated tests with current continuous integration systems
- Check for product scalability, reliability, consistency, and performance
- Participate in design and architectural discussions
- Prepare Test Reports
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 4+ or more years experience in an SDET role in an agile environment practicing continuous integration and delivery.
- Experience testing a broad range of technologies including mobile, web, and Restful API’s.
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related field (6 years relevant work experience in lieu of degree).
- Experience creating tests at various levels, including unit, functional, integration, smoke, stress, and performance; understand the strengths and weaknesses of each level
- Excellent written and verbal communication and collaboration skills.
- Self-directed, with a sense of urgency and a bias for action and data-based decision making.
- Close attention to detail and commitment to building high quality, scalable products.
- A commitment to agile development that focuses on customer value delivery, low latency engineering practices, and individual developer ownership.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO) and generous family leave policies
- 401k, HRA and monthly Orca pass
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid professional development (conferences/courses)
- A chance to build something great with other amazing people
How We Work:
- We have ownership on how we complete our work and take responsibility for our outcomes
- We are creative in how we approach problems and deliver pragmatically
- We share information freely and learn from each other
- We pride ourselves on being adaptable because change is a constant
- We focus on the customer to give them a voice
- We make mistakes, learn and improve as we iterate
How We Do Not Work:
- We are not competitive with each other, and we greatly appreciate diverse thinking
- We are not defined by our roles. We get opportunities to work on new areas to expand our knowledge and abilities
- We don’t work at all hours, because we have friends and families, and they are important to us
We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Find out why we love to work at Apptentive! https://www.apptentive.com/about/careers/
This position is based at Apptentive in Downtown Seattle