Senior Product Manager
Apptentive is looking for a Senior Product Manager who is passionate about delivering quality products that provide well designed and highly functional experiences to customers. In this role you will own feature delivery from ideation and requirement gathering through development, validation, release, and evaluation.
You should prefer working in small, rapid iterations to make improvements, and using data to inform your decisions and analysis of objectives.
You should be entrepreneurial and seek out the data and stakeholders you need to inform the next feature. You are adept at merging disparate sources of information into a cohesive hypothesis about what will be the best experience for the customer.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Defining feature requirements and goals (success criteria and metrics) by synthesizing customer feedback, stakeholder input, and company vision and strategy
- Serving as the “product owner” for an agile development team, authoring specific, actionable stories and facilitating the efficient development and release of features
- Partnering with product designers to develop wireframes and visual comps for feature development
- Serving as the “point person” for feature-related questions, tracking and communicating feature status
- Proactively and clearly collaborating and communicating feature goals, priorities, scope, status and more with teams across the company including leadership, engineering, customer success, and marketing
- Performing user acceptance testing and validation of features
- Tracking feature adoption & usage, sharing results with key stakeholders, and incorporating customer feedback into applicable future work
- Creating technical documentation including vision documents, presentations, technical specifications, and help documentation
- Motivating teams and individuals across departments and disciplines to deliver against shared project goals
You should be able to:
- Communicate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences, adjusting your approach as needed
- See customer satisfaction not as an end goal, but as the first step towards a product that truly delights end users
- Build and deliver high quality, scalable products
- Make difficult business decisions
- Work with UI/UX and Engineering to understand and anticipate the technical implications and edge-cases around feature design
- Discover data that help to inform stories that drive product forward
- Analyze results to drive future product direction and strategy
You should have:
- 5+ years experience as a product manager for a software product in an agile environment, preferably for a SaaS solution or large mobile application
- Experience working on platforms that include Analytics, Business Intelligence, or Data Science
- Experience shipping products to millions of users
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience resulting in strong technical proficiency
Bonus skills for this role:
- MBA or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with mobile development, SDKs, and frameworks
- Experience working in a startup environment
Apptentive helps thousands of companies use their mobile applications to build deeper, more meaningful relationships with millions of people around the world. We believe software should be for and about People, Not Users, and we’re building the platform to power customer communication for the modern business. We’re a rapidly growing, well-funded company based in Seattle that’s passionate about building great products with a fun, world-class team.
This position is based at Apptentive in Downtown Seattle and offers competitive salary and benefits.
Apptentive is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.